Workshops at The Icelandic Horse Farm, home to Tellington TTouch Canada Headquarters, are a special experience. They draw groups of open minded, animal lovers who are keen to learn and share. Participants come from all over the country, continent, and the world, bringing unique perspectives and experiences. While the facility does not provide accommodation on site, there are several fantastic options available, exclusively, to clinic participants, as well as commercial hotel options.
Apartments and Homes
- Riveroak Farm North Located less than a kilometer from our farm, this executive home has four bedrooms, 2 ½ baths and includes the use of the entire house with a well-equipped kitchen and laundry access. Perfect for self-catering, this is a great choice for those who enjoy the camaraderie and social aspect of clinics. Guests often organize group meals and outings, not to mention a relaxing glass of wine out on the deck to enjoy the pastoral views. Dogs welcome – fenced yard. Not suitable for people with pet allergies. Price: $60.00 per night per person for double occupancy. Contact us for details and booking.
- Christine’s house in Vernon, just 20 minutes from the farm. $65.00 per night your own room, includes breakfast. Two rooms available, one with private bath, second room shares bath. Quiet area, dogs welcome. To book, please contact Christine.
- Another excellent option is AirBnB. There are many highly rated, comfortable homes available within 10 or 15 minutes from the farm. See which Coldstream, BC rentals are available.
Hotels & Motels
- Fairfield Inn & Suits by Marriott 5300 Anderson Way, Vernon, 250-260-7829
- Village Green Hotel 4801-27th St, Vernon, (250) 542-3321, 1-800-663-4433
- Vernon Lodge, 3914 – 32nd st Vernon (250) 1-866-500-4938
- Super 8, 4202-32nd St, Vernon (250) 542-4434
- The Castle at Swan Lake, Kitchenette units – 2 beds. 1-866-430-4982
- Holiday Inn Express, Vernon (250) 550-7777
It can get quite warm in the Okanagan in the summer, so please bring sun protection. In the name of conservation we also encourage participants to bring their own water bottles but also provide them.
We have a covered arena to work in to provide shade or shelter in the case of rain.
We require all riders to wear a helmet and shoes with a heel when riding. We have helmets available to borrow. We have close to 50 horses at our farm and our horses are trained to many different levels. We have a number of very seasoned, safe horses for inexperienced or fearful riders to use during the clinics. There is a weight limit of 200 lbs. for all riders using our horses.
Bringing Your Own Horse
We have a number of paddocks available for outside horses. We ask that horses are healthy and have not been recently exposed to new horses.
Board is $10.50 per night, which includes grass hay.
Companion Animal Trainings
If you are attending with your dog, please bring a water dish, bed ( if they have a preference), and crate or X-Pen if your dog if possible. We do have limited X-pens to borrow if bringing your own is not possible.
There is a dog run available for off leash play and most dogs find the atmosphere around the farm (ie the smells!) very interesting.
Drinks, healthy lunches and snacks are included in the price of clinics held at the Icelandic Horse Farm in Vernon. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements. Vernon offers a variety of nice restaurants dinner choices.
Some of our favorites:
Intermezzo Restaurant – Downtown Vernon’s hidden gem for fine dining, family dinners, and romantic dates. A fabulous wine list and broad selection of Mediterranean inspired dishes.
Marten’s Brew Pub – Casual, modern, pub fare in a contemporary setting.
Kawakubo Sushi – A fantastic Japanese restaurant in downtown Vernon.
Raku Ramen – Wonderful noodle bar in downtown Vernon, great Happy Hour deals on already reasonable prices.
Suda – A Korean restaurant with great services and a delicious, varied, menu.
The Curry Pot – A fantastic selection of Indian and Nepalese dishes.
Yuki Sushi – A surprisingly good Japanese restaurant in the nearby village of Lumby, just 10 minutes from the farm.
Tita’s Italian Bistro – A low key family owned and operated Italian restaurant that is a local fave.
Earls – Reliable, versatile, Western Canadian staple. A wide range of interesting dishes for all palettes.
Nature’s Fare: Wide selection of organic and health food type products.
Vernon Farmer’s Market: Enjoy the 100 mile diet with this excellent Farmer’s Market running May to October on Monday and Thursdays, 8am to 1pm.
Monashee Co-op: Located in Lumby, this Co-op carries local vegetables, fruits, eggs, meat, fish, and general organic grocery items.
Save On Foods: Just 15 minutes from the farm, this is a standard grocery store, conveniently located for all you staples.
How to get to Vernon
If you are flying please book your ticket to KELOWNA (YLW), which is serviced from Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Seattle (SEA) among others. Major car rental companies are available or we can arrange to pick you up for a fee.
Greyhound buses run from Calgary (8 hours) or Vancouver (6 hours), Seattle is about 8 hours by car and Spokane a 6-hour drive should you wish to rent a car from there.
Coming from the US
Please bring a passport for problem-free re-entry into the US.
– Please read carefully –
For cancellations made more than 30 days in advance of the training, a refund will be given minus a $100 administration fee. No refunds are possible for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start of the training.
We recommend that you purchase flight and hotel insurance for each event for which you register.